Home

Church of Scotland

 

Parish of Toward & Inverchaolain

The parish of Inverchaolain & Toward consists of two church buildings located in the country of Argyll in the south west highlands of Scotland. If you include our church hall, which was once a church belonging to the United Free Church of Scotland in Tayvallich prior to being disassembled and moved to Toward, we actually have three churches.

 

Inverchaolain (pronounced Inver - hool - ain) church is approx 5 miles from Toward Church on the shores of Loch Striven. Toward Church and the Church Hall are located in the village of Toward on the river Clyde opposite the island of Bute. Please see the location link for details.

 

Both churches reside in lands once owned by the Clan Lamount and have strong Lamount connections. The building of Toward Church was partly funded by Alexander Lamount in 1839. Sir John Lamount was vicar at Inverchaolain in 1575. More details of the history of both church's can be found within this site.

Sale of Inverchaolain Church

 

Anyone interested in the sale of Inverchaolain Church is strongly advised to register their interest with the Church of Scotland General Trustees Dept. Their contact details are below:

 

Mail.

General Trustees Dept.

Church of Scotland

121 George Street

Edinburgh

EH2 4YR

 

Email: gentrustees@churchofscotland.org.uk

Phone: 0131 225 5722 (Ext 2271)